Sports Medicine Institute Specialist Therapists
The Sports Medicine Institute brings together some of the best practitioners, in their field with one common goal, to utilise their expertise and experience to support people with their sport activities and fast track their rehabilitation with injuries as quickly, efficiently and safely as possible. Our practitioners remain at the cutting edge of their field by regularly attending and presenting at conference, as well contribution to research and education.
Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Chinese Herbalist
Acupuncturists and Chinese herbalists look carefully for the presenting signs and symptoms. They treat the body as a whole by restoring the flow of life energy.
In Chinese medicine a healthy person is to have an abundant supply of “life energy” which flows through the body’s channel system. If the flow of life energy becomes stagnant or blocked, the body fails to maintain harmony and balance, and thus disease or illness follows. This can be caused by stress, overwork, improper diet and lifestyle, external pathogens as well as environment and weather condition.
Do you need acupuncture or Chinese herbal treatments?
- Digestive – Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), weight control, colitis, constipation, diarrhoea, gastritis or ulcers
- Emotional – anxiety, depression, stress or insomnia
- Gynaecological – heavy menstrual bleeding, painful periods, menopausal symptoms, pre-menstrual syndrome, infertility, breech presentations or morning sickness
- Musculoskeletal/Sporting injury – back pain, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica, tennis elbow or whiplash
- General – chronic fatigue syndrome, giving up smoking, muscle injuries, obesity, stress management, tiredness or travel sickness.
If you’re experiencing any of the above situations, we welcome you to contact us to discuss any of these options.