Senior Medical Receptionist Required
About the Role
We are seeking a full time experienced senior Medical Receptionist to provide the highest quality administrative and reception services to patients, doctors, allied health practitioners and gym members.
The duties and responsibilities include: –
- Assist in the delivery of patient centred care through providing high quality administrative and reception services
- Provide an outstanding level of professionalism and service on the telephone, face to face patient engagement and a warm and welcoming environment
- Scheduling and effective management of patient bookings (new appointments, recall, confirmation and waiting list appointments)
- Management of patient billing, invoicing and receipting of consultations on behalf of the practitioners
- Ensuring that all reports, workers compensation approvals etc are obtained before the scheduled appointment
- Schedule follow-up appointments
- Provide administration support to specialist doctors and therapists
- Assisting Practice and General Managers when required
- Completion of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card, cheques, direct deposits and cash)
- Ensure patient records are managed confidentially, accurately and efficiently
- Providing support in gymnasium reception
- Scanning of documentation
- Assisting with coffees in our in-house café
Essential criteria for the position is as follows: –
- A minimum five years working as a Senior Medical Receptionist
- Experience using Genie medical software or similar
- A high degree of patient care, empathy and customer service with a friendly and compassionate demeanour
- The desire to take ownership of your role, become part of the culture and build a career with Sports Medicine Institute
- High attention to detail whilst working at an efficient level
- Time management and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills together with a high level of computer literacy
Sports Medicine Institute offers a great working environment, where your skills and initiatives will be recognised and valued. In addition to offering a highly varied role within a dynamic working environment, staff are provided with continual education on all the disciplines and services of the practice with our professional team of practitioners.
Sports Medicine institute is an EEO employer and if you feel you fit the above criteria you are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
Please send your resume together with a covering letter to the Practice Manager
Only applications with an accompanying covering letter will be considered.